Sunday, April 10, 2016

March 3, 2016

We were up early at our Casa, the Blue Colonial, and after breakfast went our to look for a classy ride to go painting at the Hotel Nacional de Cuba today.



Quite a few to pick from, so some negotiation was in order, our illustrious leader took task in hand



and scored this sweet ride:


 Looking pretty KOOL in my pink convertible:



Now off for some painting lessons, I think I am getting more paint on my than the paper



81 years of history give prestige to the classic for distinction Gran Caribe hotel chain. 
The Hotel Nacional de Cuba is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity . The guns that made up the old Santa Clara Battery are on exhibition at the garden, they were declared part of the World Heritage Site. The Hotel Nacional de Cuba was declared a National Monument and it was inscribed in the World Memory Register.


 with some help we got the hotel painted with only a few mishaps

 More negotiations ensued for a few Coco-cabs back to Old Havana


 
 Coco cabs are such a hoot, I had to hang on with all my feet to keep from getting thrown overboard

LATER...........



 High atop the city on the second floor bistro, we dined on flambe lobster



and enjoyed some fine Beatles tunes by these young fellows (I wonder if the Beatles are distant relatives of mine????)

We spent the rest of the day wandering about Old Havana, 

 


















  to the Plaza Armes to paint (I took a nap)

an artist in the Plaza
                                                               










this is the fountain my friend painted




visited a great coffee shop (O'Riellys)
(I think he is eyeing me up for supper, )












stopped at a few Art gallerys


After an afternoon of wandering, and drinking I acquired a new hat, we later stopped for a wonderful supper with delicious dessert, I am sure there was another espresso involved


No comments:

Post a Comment